The driver’s floor was too badly rusted to save so I had to get a new one along with the drivers and passenger inner and outer rockers and rear B-pillars. The wings were also so badly damaged by rust and by the DPO welding them on I decided to replace them.
Here is a before shot showing the lower seat belt mounting location. It is the piece in the middle of the shot with the nut and bolt. Most of the rust was covered up with some tin, pop rivets and tar. It is a little scary to think what would happen if I had needed the use of the seat belts because they would defiantly fail in a collision. Both sides had the same amount of rust damage.
Here is the passenger side not a lot of metal left here. you can see some of the bracing that I used to keep things from moving around.
I forgot to take some photos while fixing the floors. You can see some of the parts of the floor that I patched up. I have also removed the rear B-pillar that will be replaced with a new one.
I need to cut the floor along the entire length of the inner sill just to the outside of where the beads are. The same tool that I use the make the spot weld holes had a die in the other side that makes a nice lip that the inner sill sits in.
Here is the lower seat belt mount being put back together. Using the old bracket as a template I cut the piece for the seat belt mount out of a 2 x 4 x 3/16 tubing and welded the nut from the old bracket into place. A patch panel was also made and welded in to fix the hole in the wheel well.