I started replacing some of the rot on the frame today and thought
I would share some of my progress
Using clamps I secured the frame to my jig, making sure to use some shims under the inner rails due to the smaller size of the inner rail. The outrigger on the passenger side was completely removed exposing some rot on the inner frame rail so I decided to cut it out.
Section of inner frame rail cut out and a patch piece is ready to be tacked in place.
Patch panel tacked in place.
Fully welded in place with the welds ground flush.
The new outrigger is fully welded in place. I will be adding some reinforcing tabs in the corners once all the other repairs to the frame are complete.
Passenger side is complete and now it is time to start on the drivers side.
Showing the inside of the drivers outrigger. The poor design allowed water and dirt to enter but made no allowance for drainage.