I started on the tubes for the headers using six pieces of mandrel bent 1 1/2” mild steel tubing. The drivers side has to clear the starter so that it can be removed without having to disturb the headers. I used a piece of sheet metal at the bottom of the frame rails as a base to aid in the layout.
The tubes also have to keep away from the frame and the firewall that is marked with the blue paint.
Drivers side mocked up I will weld the tubes to the header flange once I have the collector tube made up. I will make the motor mounts once the headers are completed.
Pieces of pipe insulation is used to hold the tubing on place for mock up.
The passenger side is a little easier to make up.
The small hole in the header flange is for the EGR system.
The tubes hug the block as close as possible.
Next I will have to make the collectors.